The VII Foundation – Communications/Social Media Manager
- Full time
- Based in Arles, France
- Salary based on experience
Who we are:
The VII Foundation’s mission is to transform visual journalism by empowering new voices and creating stories that advocate change. In a world where beliefs and actions are increasingly out-of-sync with facts and realities, transforming visual journalism is an urgent task.
The VII Foundation’s work begins with the educational programs of the VII Academy, at its heart it involves the production of long-form projects and documentary films, and includes VII Insider, our free online platform for public debate and discussion of the issues central to visual journalism.
With the support of our partners, The VII Foundation strives to create a broader picture of the world that fosters a more democratized global conversation to challenge established gatekeepers and disturb conventional narratives.
The Communications /Social Media Manager will be an active, hands-on role based in Arles, France and working across the foundation’s international network. Reporting to the CEO, the manager’s primary objective is to develop and focus the foundation’s communications on the key audiences we wish to reach and influence, which include:
- Opinion leaders and advocates for our work in the legacy media and social media
- Potential students, mentors, partners, and collaborators
- The broad world of philanthropic support, family offices, high-net-worth individuals, multi-lateral organizations, and government offices with the power to engage and support the work of VII Foundation, financially, ethically, and socially
- The VII Foundation staff engaged in delivery of our programs and activities aligned with our mission
The core channels for The VII Foundation’s communications include current and emerging social media platforms, legacy media, and organizations engaged in developing programs aligned with our mission.
Working closely with The VII Foundation staff, you will have the following responsibilities:
● Collaborate on the development and delivery of a consistent and aligned communications strategy to deploy our key message, mission, and personality
● Build our brand presence and effectiveness with the target audiences
● Develop communications materials for all key channels, including writing, editing, picture editing, proofreading, and dissemination
● Develop, schedule, and post content for social media channels
● Analyze the performance of the content on social media and devise ways to increase both reach and engagement
● Support media relations efforts to enhance The VII Foundation’s brand and mission, including identifying media contacts, writing press releases and media pitches
● Provide support, and develop materials, for organizational communications materials including annual reports, brochures, and newsletters
● Provide support, and develop materials, graphics, branded proposals, presentations and leverage events and other opportunities to maximize impact with current and potential partners
● Assist in the execution of strategic communications opportunities for The VII Foundation team
● Perform other related duties as assigned
Experience and Education
● A degree or qualification in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, International Relations/Public Affairs, Political Science, or other relevant fields, with at least one to two years of relevant experience in communications and media relations
● Spoken and written fluency in English and French is required
● Excellent oral, written communication, and presentation skills, with demonstrable evidence of creating communications content
● Proven planning and organizational skills, and ability to work to tight deadlines and juggle multiple tasks
● Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work efficiently and effectively with both internal and external partners in a multicultural environment
● Good presence and personality to interact effectively with our disparate audiences, from high-net-worth individuals to influencers and followers on the social media feeds
● Excellent computer skills and ability to use common social media tools and standard technology packages such as Adobe Suite, Asana, Microsoft Office Suite, and Slack.
The VII Foundation is a non-profit, media education organization transforming visual journalism by empowering new voices and creating stories that advocate change, founded by Gary Knight and Ron Haviv in 2001.
The VII Foundation resides at 429 W 45th St, New York, NY 10036 USA, and is a charitable 501C3 non-profit entity registered with the Internal Revenue Service (EIN No 510427657).
How to apply
Applications close on 30 May, 2022.