This is a one-year full-time contract position based in Sarajevo.
The VII Foundation is an independent, charitable media and education non-profit organization. It secures support for continuing documentary practice and education in media practice. It initiates work that addresses complex social, economic and human rights issues, that challenges authority and inaction, and seeks solutions to seemingly intractable problems.
Its Academy exists to offer tuition free education and professional development in media practice to men and women from communities in fragile economies.
- This is a fast-paced diverse role where you will report directly to the Finance Director. It is also a dual role, where you will have some responsibilities to the wider VII ecosystem.
- Based in our Sarajevo Office and reporting remotely to our Finance Director in France, you will be expected, at the Finance Director’s discretion, to on occasion support colleagues in the United States, Sarajevo and other locations in their activities.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Support the Finance Director in their day to day activities with specific respect to expense management and general bookkeeping.
- Support the FD in the management of numerous projects as assigned and ensure that they meet or exceed the Foundation’s expectations.
- Regularly communicate with the FD, ensuring that all communications are clear, concise, and accurate.
- Report directly to the Finance Director
- Manage administration and reporting as directed
- Must have strong common sense and anunderstanding/interest in world affairs
- Demonstrate an ability to work with teams of people from across the region and worldwide
- Flexibility to work with other parts of the Foundation in supporting social media and educational activities
- Flexible hours
- Must be a collaborative team player
- Must show aptitude for adopting new software
- Excellent research skills
- Good organisational skills
- Self-motivated with initiative and able to work quickly
- At the direction of the Finance Director will work with the Directors of and colleagues in the VII Foundation to take and deliver briefs across the Academy sites and Foundation activities. This will include: Film, photography and narrative word projects, branding exercises, PR/Communications and support activities to the Directors and to deliver the Foundation and Academy Vision and Objectives.
Professional and general qualification:
- Bookkeeping and administrative skills
- Knowledge of not-for-profit financing, grants and applications
- Advanced proficiency in English language (written and spoken)
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office and familiar with applications such as: WordPress, Awardforce, Mailchimp, Asana, Airtable, and Slack
- Good knowledge and experience with social media content communication channels: Youtube, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook
- Good knowledge and understanding of Photoshop and other photo software.